All levels from beginner to advanced are welcome to participate in this energetic workshop! Presenter Michele Vakili, RYT, will guide you through the basic postures, focusing on alignment, technique, and Ujayii breathing (breathing with sound). Props and variations will be offered to cultivate ease in challenging postures. Workshop is free but pre-registration required.
March Madness is the #1 sporting event in the US, so let’s go along for the ride and get fit along the way.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up beginning February 14 in the Health & Fitness Center
- Challenge begins on March 1 and ends on April 2
- Teams are assigned randomly, and team names have been chosen from the Sweet Sixteen finals for the NCAA March Madness 2017. If you want your friends or family on your team, you must register together.
- Take a March Madness calendar where all the activities are listed. Complete the day’s challenge and have a fitness staff member record your points in the March Madness binder. (Be sure to check which days have bonus points, including wellness program attendance.)
- Each team accumulates points. After the second week, teams are reduced to the Elite Eight, then the Final Four, etc.
- Even if your team is not moving forward, you can! Your incentive besides getting in better shape? There is an overall MVP, and it could be you!
National Champion: Commemorative T-shirt and insulated water bottles for the entire team
2nd Place: $25 Y Bucks (toward any purchase at the Y for the entire team
3rd Place: Y coffee cups with morning health snacks for breakfast-on-the-go for the entire team
MVP – Individual who scores the most points from ANY TEAM: Prize Basket ($100 value)
Available to all adults on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 5:30-7:00 p.m. and the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month from 9:30-11:00 a.m. No Wednesday Screenings during the summer. Wednesday screenings resume in September.
15 Teams of 2 will spend two Friday evenings (Mar. 2 & 9) designing and developing their own robot with Project MakerSpace. All teams entered must commit to showcasing their creation at our NJ Maker Day event on Saturday, March 10.