Lakeland Hills Family YMCA Events
Mar 1 – Apr 2 all-day
March Madness is the #1 sporting event in the US, so let's go along for the ride and get fit along the way. Here's how it works:
- Sign up beginning February 14 in the Health & Fitness Center
- Challenge begins on March 1 and ends on April 2
- Teams are assigned randomly, and team names have been chosen from the Sweet Sixteen finals for the NCAA March Madness 2017. If you want your friends or family on your team, you must register together.
- Take a March Madness calendar where all the activities are listed. Complete the day's challenge and have a fitness staff member record your points in the March Madness binder. (Be sure to check which days have bonus points, including wellness program attendance.)
- Each team accumulates points. After the second week, teams are reduced to the Elite Eight, then the Final Four, etc.
- Even if your team is not moving forward, you can! Your incentive besides getting in better shape? There is an overall MVP, and it could be you!
Mar 2 @ 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Mar 6 @ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
If you're the parent of an athlete, you want them to be the best he/she can be, no matter the age. Presenter Dana Jacko, MA, RD, a college professor and sports coach with over eighteen years of teaching experience in nutrition and exercise science, explains the importance of nutrition before and after practices and games, why hydration is key, and choosing healthy snacks. Program is free and open to the community, so bring the team!