The One Step program is a 7-week wellness course designed for adults who have been medically diagnosed with MS. The program aims to provide attendees with a comfortable and accessible environment to encourage empowerment through therapeutic exercises.
The One Step program goals include:
- Improve and maintain function
- Provide education that promotes good health
- Encourage exercise that improves conditioning while reducing fatigue
- Improve balance and strengthen mobility
- Utilize weight-bearing exercises to recondition muscles and build overall strength
- Increase self-esteem and alleviate depression through facilitated support conversations
Program begins April 24 through June 4 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:00-3:00 p.m. at the Y. Non-members welcome for this introductory course!