We have taken (and continue to do so) extraordinary health and safety precautions.
- We are on the forefront of implementing CDC peer-reviewed health and safety guidelines in our facilities, which allows us to provide childcare safely.
- The Y purchased thousands of dollars’ worth of new cleaning and disinfecting equipment and added hand sanitizer at all touch points around our facilities.
- The Y is strictly following the guidelines from the State of NJ Department of Health and our local Health Department.
Our additional health and safety measures include the following:
- Health screenings for staff, volunteers, members, and program participants upon entry
- Requiring masks to be worn at all times
- Offering hand sanitizer and other sanitization equipment throughout the facility
- Improved air filtration systems with HEPA filters and ultra violet air purifiers
- Established traffic patterns throughout the facility
- Reorganization of exercise equipment and, in some cases, removal of it from our wellness floors
- Limiting group exercise class sizes in group fitness studio
- Limiting the number of people allowed in the wellness center currently with 50% of capacity
- Scheduling programs to minimize the number of people at our facilities
- Electrostatic cleaning prior to opening each day, and closing facilities throughout the day for thorough cleanings (between 1:30-2:30pm Monday-Friday in the Health & Fitness Center)
- Offering virtual group fitness classes
We are providing critical services in communities.
- Unlike other public businesses, the Y supports the critical physical and mental well-being needs of our communities
- When COVID-19 shut down our Y, we immediately pivoted to offering childcare, food to families in need, and outreach to seniors facing social isolation
- YMCAs, along with other nonprofits, operate on very slim margins. If our exercise facilities are forced to close again, we will lose the revenue that allows us to provide vital community services, and we will be unable to support our communities when they need it most
- Pool is open for adult lap swimming – by reservation only
- Pool is open for children’s small group swim lessons – registration required
- All locker rooms with masks and social distancing required
- Health & Fitness Center is open with enhanced social distancing and safety protocols – no reservation necessary
- Cardio section, weight room, turf zone, and TRX are all open
- Health & Fitness Center is closed each day from 1:30-2:30pm for deep cleaning
- Gymnasium is open for basketball practice, skills, and drills, for families – by reservation only; must bring own basketball
- All group fitness classes are open – some reservations are required
- All group fitness classes are available 3 ways:
- Live, in person; masks/face coverings mandatory
- Live, virtually from home
- On demand at your convenience
- Early Childhood Learning Center is following strict protocol adherence (NJ Dept of Education guidelines)
- Infant & Toddler Care Area
- Preschool & Pre-K
- E-Camp & Care for School-Age Children is following strict protocol adherence (NJ Dept of Education guidelines)
- Denville Kids Club After School Programming