Volunteerism is also a great way for people to meet others, to develop new skills, and to put more meaning into your life. Need to perform community service hours for school? We have a variety of different opportunities throughout the year. Contact Y Community Service Director, Randy Smith for all available volunteer opportunities.
Lakeland Hills Family YMCA Events
Please join us for an overview of diabetes self-management of the New Vitality program offered by Atlantic Health. Topics include healthy eating, activity, medications, and other issues related to an established diabetes diagnosis. Presentation includes:
- A certified Diabetes Educator from Morristown Medical Center/New Vitality
- Cooking demo by the Registered Dietitian from ShopRite of Lincoln Park
- Proper disposal of medications and syringes
- Info on the new Diabetes Disease Prevention Program coming to the Y
- Handouts, literature, and more
This is event is free but pre-registration is requested by calling New Vitality: 1-844-472-8499
Available to all adults on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 5:30-7:00 p.m. and the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month from 9:30-11:00 a.m. No Wednesday Screenings during the summer. Wednesday screenings resume in September. Non-members welcome.