- Excellence and Innovation: We are imaginative risk takers willing to challenge assumptions while being accountable to our mission and fiscally responsible.
- Transparency: We act with openness and clarity.
- Reflection: We consider multiple sources of evidence and diverse perspectives to review past performance, note progress and successes, and engage in continuous quality improvement.
- Equity & Opportunity: We advocate for policies, practices, and systems that promote full and inclusive participation. We confront biases that create barriers and limit the potential of children, families, and early childhood professionals.
- Collaborative Relationships: We share leadership and responsibility in our work with others. We commit time and effort to ensure diverse participation and more effective outcomes. We act with integrity, respect, and trust.
Infant and Toddler Care Staff
Our Staff Follow the Core Beliefs of:
April Ryder (Director)
Miss April graduated from East Stroudsburg University with a degree in Elementary Education and a concentration in Special Education. She has over 20 years experience working with children from birth through elementary school. April has been at LHYMCA since 2007. She started as the Half Day Preschool Teacher and worked the summers as a head counselor in the half day camp. She then took on a new role as the Assistant Childcare Director and in August of 2011, she was promoted to the director role. She is dedicated to making the experiences of children who are in her care fun, happy and safe!
Hi! My name is Arti and I’m one of the lead staff in the infant room! I graduated from Montclair State University in May of 2020 with a major in Family Science and Human Development, and a minor in Psychology. I have also had previous childcare experience working at the YMCA’s babysitting room for three years and now I'm happy to be a part of their infant room! I’ve always had a passion for working with children. I love watching them grow and develop and achieve major milestones in their young lives. Working with children is definitely rewarding, the kids make every day interesting and exciting! There’s never a dull moment working with them, their playful energy is contagious! They are always exploring and learning new things, and I like being a part of that process of learning. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my friends and family. I also enjoy cooking, going to the beach, hiking, listening to music and watching movies. I’m looking forward to working with your children and I can’t wait to watch them grow!
Hi, my name is Terri. I am a mother of 5 kids our oldest is 23 and a set of quads who are 21 and we survived! The phrase it does take a village is so true. I love to work with the kids because I love to see their faces when they learn a new concept. Their faces light up like a light bulb goes off. It brightens up my day to watch them explore the world around them. I love interacting with them as they are playing with trucks or exploring the play kitchen. I really enjoy reading books to them or playing music cds and dancing . In my spare time I love to read books, go for walks with my kids and I enjoy vacations with family.
Hi! My name is Michelle and I’ve worked in various departments at the Y over the past 20 years. The childcare department is by far my favorite! I’m a mom to a college aged daughter, a photographer and enjoy hiking and kayaking in my free time.
Hi! My name is Renée and I have a Bachelors Degree from Rutgers University and have been employed at the Y for 19 years. I am a mom of a college age daughter and in my free time I enjoy traveling, concerts, museums and cooking. Working with infants and toddlers gives a feeling of fulfillment and purpose.