At the Y, it’s more than a job – it’s bettering our community. Ready to join us?
The Lakeland Hills Family YMCA is in Mountain Lakes, New Jersey and services 11 communities in Morris County, a suburb of New York City. The Y is dedicated to nourishing the mind, body and spirit through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility for all. Our Y proudly serves 9,500 members with an annual operating budget of $7 million dollars. The Y is currently searching for the next mission driven leader who will continue the legacy of this Y and lead the organization into the next generation as the current CEO is retiring.
Responsibilities: The CEO is responsible for all financial, operational, administrative, and legal aspects of the daily management of the organization. The CEO’s strategic plan is to achieve consistent year-over-year membership and program growth, exceed member expectations, while positioning the Y as the leading community service organization that will inspire philanthropic support, encourage volunteering, and build collaborations with area businesses and other community service organizations.
Financial Development: Focus on identification, cultivation and closing of formal requests to capable sources of major gifts, manage the acquisition of corporate and civic grants, and manage capital and endowment campaigns.
Board Development: Serve as the principal staff person to the Board of Governors and Executive Committee. Develop active board committees where board members and community volunteers can help drive the mission.
Staff Development: Develop and promote a member-focused staff culture, maintain all full-time staff position descriptions and conduct timely performance evaluations while implementing personal development and recognition plans for staff.
Fiscal Management: In collaboration with the COO develop, manage and achieve the annual operating budget. Implement strategies to grow membership and program enrollment through successful marketing campaigns, high quality programs, and superior customer service.
Program and Membership Operations: Be a role model for the association in creating a relationship-centered, sustaining experience between the members and the Y while maintaining an atmosphere that values diversity and inclusion.
Community Development: Leverage community leadership and connections to position the Y as the leading human development organization. Serve as liaison between the Y and service area partners to bridge organizations toward a common cause.
Facilities Management: Assure the facility and equipment meet all State and Federal regulations. Motor and control systems, practices and training as it relates to risk management and safety guidelines for participants and employees.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferable, minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar multi-program environment requiring the same skills sets as noted above,
- Proven superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills,
- Demonstrated commitment to children and family services through previous work as a professional or volunteer leader in human services or related field,
- Proven skills in fiscal programs and business management in an organization with a range of programs and services,
- Successful record in presenting and marketing an organization to increase its recognition, utilization of its services, understanding of its mission, and broadening its advocacy agenda,
- Demonstrated ability as an empowering, visionary leader with the talent and willingness to take calculated risks in forming innovative community collaborations,
- Possess strong analytical skills.
Salary range commensurate with experience and the degree to which the education, knowledge, skills and abilities meet our requirements.
The YMCA offers a comprehensive health plan, generous medical and dental Health Reimbursement Accounts, and life insurance. The YMCA participates in the Y Retirement Program. The employee contributes 5% and the Y contributes 7% of compensation for eligible employees.
Candidates may apply by submitting their resume with cover letter and six professional references to:
David Gniewek – Director of Human Resources
Lakeland Hills Family YMCA
100 Fanny Road, Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
via email in .pdf format to Dave Gniewek