8th-10th Grades | Monday – Friday | 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
For older campers the popular LIT (Leaders-in-Training) Program provides teens with a balance of social time with peers as well as leadership and community service opportunities on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It is this balance that will give teens the responsibility to help them find success in the future. Teens are expected to participate in all facets of the program. Click link below for program guidebook and program policies.
During the 1st Tuesday and both Thursday Mornings of a session LITs will be Group Team Building. The LIT counselors will be responsible for making teams for each session and the team building sports will be played in a tournament style throughout the session. The schedule of activities will be as follows:
- Week 1: Archery Tag
- Week 2: OMNI Ball
- Week 3: Tchoukball
- Week 4: Circle Lanes Bowling
- Week 5: Archery Tag
- Week 6: OMNI Ball
- Week 7: Tchoukball
- Week 8: Circle Lanes Bowling
On the 2nd Thursday of Each Session – LITs will be give Camp Organizational Tasks to help with camp. That will count toward 2 hours of Volunteer Hours in the area of Social Responsibility.
- The Leadership Project for Session 1 will be: Around the World Food Festival – up to 13 service hours available (including Community Food Bank Volunteer Opportunity).
- The Leadership Project for Session 2 will be: Halloween in July – up to 11 service hours available.
- The Community Service project for Session 3 will be: Senior Prom in a local Retirement Community – up to 11 service hours available.
- The community Service Project for Session 4 will be: Camp Carnival for Give A Kid the Y – up to 11 service hours available.
All first time LIT participants are required to attend the mandatory Parent-Camper Orientation on Sunday, June 7 at the YMCA from 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM.
Per two-week session:
$545 members | $570 non-membersRegister Now